Sustainability Award for a Single Building or Development
HOW DO I ENTER?
Visit our 'How to Enter' page for our Items Checklist & Step-by-Step Guide. CLICK HERE.
Once you have created your PDF submission and you have all items in the Items Checklist, submit your entry via the Online Entry Form. CLICK HERE.
This award is open to any project involving the design or construction of a single building or development on the Island of Ireland. The entry must show an overarching commitment to sustainability and the local community into which the project is to be integrated.
This award is not open to fit out, refurbishment or interior architecture projects.
Who can enter: the project architect (individuals, firms, departments), or a project collaborator (if submitted jointly with the architect). If you are not the main project architect, please ensure you have their permission to enter as we can only accept one submission per project.
Entry is by a five A4 page submission. It should include one project that has been completed within the last 12 months. The judges will be looking for clear information that is backed up by facts and photos illustrating your points which pays particular attention to the criteria listed below:
- Background: Please outline your career background or your organisation’s background.
- Project: Describe the project. Include photos and floorplans as well as details such as timeline, size, budget, green ratings, purpose, etc.
- Sustainability: What steps were taken to ensure that the design and construction processes were in keeping with sustainability best practice? What was done to ensure that the operation of the building itself would adhere to these same standards? How well was the building integrated into its surrounding community? What positive impact can it have?
- Innovation: Did this project incorporate any new construction/design methods or concepts? Were there any particular challenges or requests in the brief that had to be overcome in innovative and creative ways?
- Challenges: Please highlight any challenges faced during the project, and how they were overcome.
- Please include any other statements or facts that support your entry, including client testimonials if possible.