This award is open to any design and construction projects on the Island of Ireland that improve the economic, social, and environmental well-being of their surrounding communities.
Who can enter: architects (individuals, firms, departments), or a project collaborator (if submitted jointly with the architect).
Entry is by a five A4 page submission. It should include one project that has been completed within the last 12 months. The judges will be looking for clear information that is backed up by facts and photos illustrating your points which pays particular attention to the criteria listed below:
- Human Impact: outline the extent to which the project improves the well-being of those who interact with it.
- Social Impact: outline the extent to which the project improves their local environment and how it prospers community spirit.
- Sustainability: What steps were taken to ensure that the design and construction processes were in keeping with sustainability best practice? What was done to ensure that the operation of the building itself will adhere to these same standards?
- Collaboration: Outline the extent to which a collaboration with stakeholders and local community groups added value to the project.
- Innovation: Did this project incorporate any innovations? Were there any challenges or requests in the brief that had to be overcome in innovative and creative ways?
- Please include any other statements or facts that support your entry, including testimonials if possible.