This category recognises the emerging architect that has made a significant contribution to the advancement of their organisation or the sector as a whole.
If you have been a registered architect for 10 years or less by the submission deadline date, then you are eligible.
The architect can be nominated by themselves or by a third party, but please ensure you have their permission to do so.
Please note: If you have played a key role in a project submitted into any of the ‘Building of the Year’ award categories, you may enter this award by addressing the first two criteria points only (1 A4 page max.) and merging this with a copy of the relevant ‘Building’ submission: only 1 merged PDF document can be submitted.
If you do not intend to enter the ‘Building of the Year’ categories, please address each of the criteria listed below in your 5 A4 page submission in a clear manner, laying out any additional information – photos, plans, tables, graphics, videos etc. - so that it is easy and clear to understand.
- Career Summary: Please include a summary that describes your career to date and qualifications.
- Highlight: What has been the real stand-out highlight for you in the last year? If you’ve done anything especially innovative make sure you explain this too.
- Project(s): Please provide a description of the project(s) worked on over the past 12 months. Include photos and floorplans as well as details such as timeline, size, budget, green ratings, purpose, etc.
- Challenges / Innovation: Highlight any especially challenging aspects or innovations involved in the project(s) and include a brief description of them where relevant.
- Please include any other statements or facts that support your entry, including a testimonial from a client or the nominee’s head of department or supervisor if possible.