This award is open to any architect working on a house extension refurbishment project on the Island of Ireland. The entry will demonstrate excellence in design and construction, and it will have delivered the highest standard of quality and service
Who can enter: the project architect (individuals, firms, departments), or a project collaborator (if submitted jointly with the architect). If you are not the main project architect, please ensure you have their permission to enter as we can only accept one submission per project.
Entry is by a five A4 page submission. It should include one project that has been completed within the last 12 months. The judges will be looking for clear information that is backed up by facts and photos illustrating your points which pays particular attention to the criteria listed below:
- Background: Please outline your career background or your organisation’s background.
- Project: Describe the project. Include photos and floorplans as well as details such as timeline, size, budget, green ratings, purpose, etc.
- Excellence: How did you approach the different phases of the project, from design to completion? What processes were used to guarantee all-round design excellence? How did you ensure that clients received the highest level of service, quality, and value? What made this construction stand out?
- Innovation: Did this project incorporate any innovations? Were there any particular requests in the brief that had to be overcome in innovative and creative ways?
- Challenges: Please highlight any challenges faced during the project, and how they were overcome.